top of page

What to do when you are being sued.

After receiving a Summons or Notice of Motion, take the following steps:

  1. Save everything that you receive, including envelopes.

  2. Make note of when you received the document and how you received it.

  3. Was it handed to you personally or a family member? Did you get it through the mail or was it left on your doorstep?

  4. Look on the face of the Summons – or Notice of Motion – take note of what Court it is in so you know where to respond.

  5. Contact our office - 702-448-4962.

You may have only a few days to respond, so act quickly. If you ignore the matter a judgment may be entered against you. Having a judgment entered against you will not only hurt your credit, but it may also mean that your wages will be garnished and the court may order a taking of your bank accounts and other property.

Get in touch with McDonald Law Group today to get answers to your questions.

This information is provided for informational purposes only. It is not legal advice and does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

bottom of page